This model is part of our standard ready to runs which have been cleverly tooled and designed with a cast tender and cab to create a cost effective range of locomotives whilst still maintaining the outstanding quality and finish that DJH Model Loco is known for. By using larger components and removing intricate brass etchings from the build, we are able to produce these ready to runs in a shorter time frame – reducing the cost. For our precision BR Standard Class 7 Britannia Ready to Run, click here.
BR Standard Class 7 Britannia 4-6-2
DJH Factory built, painted, lined and ready to run. Full 12 months warranty against faulty parts or labour. Fully track-tested, equally at home on the track or in a showcase. 100% British designed and manufactured, Delivery commences March 2010. Price is inclusive of UK mainland delivery and free goods in transit insurance. Order with a £95 deposit for a firm delivery date or Register your interest NOW. DCC ready for a small additional charge (please advise your selected system & requirements for a quotation). Your choice of name, number and era.
Available Locomotive Numbers; 70000~70024 (BR1 tender, 4250g, short water dome) 70025~70029 (BR1A tender, 5000g, tall water dome) 70030~70039 (BR1 tender, 4250g, short water dome).
- 70000 Britannia (BR1 tender)
- 70001 Lord Hurcomb (BR1 tender)
- 70002 Geoffrey Chaucer (BR1 tender)
- 70003 John Bunyan (BR1 tender)
- 70004 William Shakespeare (BR1 tender)
- 70005 John Milton (BR1 tender)
- 70006 Robert Burns (BR1 tender)
- 70007 Coeur-de-Lion (BR1 tender)
- 70008 Black Prince (BR1 tender)
- 70009 Alfred the Great (BR1 tender)
- 70010 Owen Glendower (BR1 tender)
- 70011 Hotspur (BR1 tender)
- 70012 John of Gaunt (BR1 tender)
- 70013 Oliver Cromwell (BR1 tender)
- 70014 Iron Duke (BR1 tender)
- 70015 Apollo (BR1 tender)
- 70016 Ariel (BR1 tender)
- 70017 Arrow (BR1 tender)
- 70018 Flying Dutchman (BR1 tender)
- 70019 Lightning (BR1 tender)
- 70020 Mercury (BR1 tender)
- 70021 Morning Star (BR1 tender)
- 70022 Tornado (BR1 tender)
- 70023 Venus (BR1 tender)
- 70024 Vulcan (BR1 tender)
- 70025 Western Star (BR1A tender)
- 70026 Polar Star (BR1A tender)
- 70027 Royal Star (BR1A tender)
- 70028 Rising Star (BR1A tender)
- 70029 Shooting Star (BR1A tender)
- 70030 William Wordsworth (BR1 tender)
- 70031 Byron (BR1 tender)
- 70032 Tennyson (BR1 tender)
- 70033 Charles Dickens (BR1 tender)
- 70034 Thomas Hardy (BR1 tender)
- 70035 Rudyard Kipling (BR1 tender)
- 70036 Boadicea (BR1 tender)
- 70037 Hereward the Wake (BR1 tender)
- 70038 Robin Hood (BR1 tender)
- 70039 Sir Christopher Wren (BR1 tender)
DJH Model Loco Ready to Run
Established over 40 years ago, DJH Model Loco are recognised experts in the design and manufacture of locomotive kits as well as builders of Ready to Run models.
As a family owned business based in the beautiful countryside of Consett, County Durham, DJH Model Loco are renowned for their highly skilled model builders and exceptionally high quality locomotive models.
All of our Ready to Runs are hand built to order as per the customers specification – allowing the product to be completely unique to the individual through personalisation of livery, shed number, name and locomotive number. Using only the finest materials, we pride ourselves on the high quality standards of our locomotives to provide an extremely durable product which is built to last. All DJH Ready to Runs are complete with Slaters motor/gearbox and wheelset. Other impressive features include – fully painted locomotive backhead, real coal used in the tender, working screwlink couplings and fully glazed windows. As an optional extra, you can also add sound and smoke effects to your ready to run for an additional cost.
All DJH models have been designed with an extremely high attention to detail and built to the scale of the original model. During the design process, our Research and Development team examine archived drawings to replicate the most intricate details of the original model – even down to the number of rivets used!
The standard minimum radius is 6ft /1800mm. If you require a lower radius, please specify when enquiring about your ready to run.
Due to the numerous options available when purchasing our Ready to Runs, we like to confirm the details of the order with the customer before starting the build. To enquiry about our Ready to Runs, use the enquiry form found on the product page. Our terms require a 25% deposit payable upon placing the order, with the remaining balance due once the build is complete. Please allow up to 12 weeks for your Ready to Run to be delivered, although we do aim to complete orders sooner.