Welcome to the DJH Model Loco community – a place where DJH customers and newcomers can ask questions, seek advice and discuss current trends with the DJH team and fellow enthusiasts with an interest in model railways.

Forum Rules

We kindly ask that all users follow the below rules when posting on our forum:

• Before asking a question, please consider searching previous discussions to see if your question has already been answered.
  • Although discussion of other model railway brands is not prohibited, posts which actively promote non DJH Model Loco models will be removed
  • Please be respectful to other members – offensive or abusive content will not be tolerated
  • This is a public forum so please do not post any personal information or request contact details for other members
soldering iron sett...

Notifications
Clear all

soldering iron setting

Member Customer

May I ask what would be the best advisable setting for soldering iron temperature to successfully solder DJH White Metal using 70 degree solder?

Topic starter Posted : 19 December 2022 15:37
 Mark

Hello. I use an old H and M transformer with a variable 12 volt output to power an Antex 12 v iron . By playing around you will find a suitable temperature . DO NOT play about with kit parts until you are sure. Regards Mark 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 August 2023 16:31

As per Mark's post - get some scrap white-metal, possibly the runners for the castings and play around with them. A proper temperature-controlled iron makes it a lot easier, and use plenty of liquid flux.

I brewed a 10% phosphoric acid blend, as suggeted by Iain Rice, and have a Preciva temperature-controlled iron that seems to work quite well at around 130C with lots of flux.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 3 December 2023 10:34