Welcome to the DJH Model Loco community – a place where DJH customers and newcomers can ask questions, seek advice and discuss current trends with the DJH team and fellow enthusiasts with an interest in model railways.

Forum Rules

We kindly ask that all users follow the below rules when posting on our forum:

• Before asking a question, please consider searching previous discussions to see if your question has already been answered.
  • Although discussion of other model railway brands is not prohibited, posts which actively promote non DJH Model Loco models will be removed
  • Please be respectful to other members – offensive or abusive content will not be tolerated
  • This is a public forum so please do not post any personal information or request contact details for other members
HO Gauge Kit Sugges...

Notifications
Clear all

HO Gauge Kit Suggestions : NSWGR Z26, NSWGR Z18

Member Customer

Hi DJH,

I know it’s been a number of years since you’ve produced Australian locomotives. However I’d like to suggest 2 smaller New South Wales Government Railway locomotives that aren’t as complex or big as the wonderful AD60’s and other tender locomotives you’ve previously produced.

the NSWGR Z26 is a unique saddle tank locomotive that saw extensive service in NSW and one such example lasted in service into 1980. This locomotive has only been produced once in  model form and is rare to even find second hand. Some such unpainted examples fetch in excess of $1800 AUD.

the NSWGR Z18 is similar to many British 0-6-0 tank engines and would also be a very popular item in the Australian market. 

Both suggestions I have made are to capture the market of those in Australia that are space constrained and looking for loco’s to use on plank or shunting layouts.

Cheers,

Topic starter Posted : 22 March 2024 07:31